Friday 15 May 2020
After reading the book the group came together online for some interview training provided by Julie O’Leary of Graffiti Theatre and author Cethan Leahy. They discuss the book in detail as well as learning some interviewing techniques. The interview was held over Zoom and the group got to put their questions directly to the author.
The idea for young interviewers came from our READ ON partner Festivaletteratura in Mantova, Italy, and is one of our 15 project activities. The role of this activity is to help young people to:
- Identify and to analyse their response to text and learn to articulate their reactions
- Build confidence for participants to express their opinions
- Learn communication techniques
- Learn to engage with the author and ask meaningful questions about their books
- Gain confidence in speaking in front of others
- Learn how to conduct an interview
The full interview is available to watch below.
We look forward to sharing our next interview with Kelly McCaughrain coming soon.
Artist: Juno Dawson
Online venues vary, see event details for links you need to participate, or we will let you know by email.Read More