Admission: €80Book Now
Whether you’re a nervous debut, a poet or writer hoping to branch into school events, or simply wish to expand your event portfolio, this four-hour masterclass with Dave Rudden covers everything you need to know about being a gigging author, including but not limited to;
– Your ‘event menu’ – what you can do, what you’re willing to do, and how much you should be charging
– Being yourself on stage – how to build an event that matches your personality, energy and writing style
– Audience interaction – introducing yourself, managing crowds and the dreaded Q & A
– Practicalities – venue management, tech requirements and book sales
– And most importantly, how to manage the life of a gigging author, protect your headspace, and make sure you are only doing the events you want to do.
The workshop also includes a template on putting together your own event menu and a sample presentation allowing you to build your own for use in schools.
Dave Rudden is the author of the award-winning Knights of the Borrowed Dark trilogy, as well as three Doctor Who anthologies and numerous works for stage and screen. Since KOTBD was published in 2016, he has...Read More
Copyright © 2023 West Cork Music. All rights reserved.
Designed and developed by Matrix Internet